Monday, June 22, 2020

Taking a second job/Carlos Pueblo

Taking a second job/Carlos Pueblo

People take a second job in order to make a supplement income to the first job. I am so happy the other day to discuss the stock trade with my son Arthur and find out that he is taking the stock trade as his second job, i.e. he is not worrying about the cutting hours of his first job as a super market clerk due to the Chinese Wuhan Novel Corona Virus Pandemic. I am told that he never gets a 40 working hours week, 35 hours at the most and some time even dropped to the 20's. He figures it out in a small case of his by low and sell high policy, he can get a two days income by one trade. I tell him that he has already made dividend income in par with his earned income in 2019 and shall get better every year from now on.

It is what we call the saving investment. We must first have a first job, then figure it out to save the money buy budget it well that means don't spend exceed your income. Postpone our income tax to the retirement by accumulate our capital. Secondly, we let our capital works for me during some time period which we call the duration in the finance. Of course, we must first have the knowledge to know how which is from good schooling to build a good habit of investment. As I understand the U.S. policy, the government encourage people to save and there are laws of all kinds to the benefit of savers. he stock markets in this country are the best in the whole world.

Counting his sources of income, now he has three, his regular income as a clerk of a super market, his saving accounts both on retirement accounts and regular after tax accounts, and his new developed stock trade accounts. Therefore, technically he has a blue collar first job and two white collar jobs  on the second and third job or I say a second job in general.

By this definition, I always have a second job in my life. I once had had a a second job as a store clerk at a mall when I worked at Johnson Space center in the late 70's. I still remember the U.S$3,25/ hour pay to sell jewelry and watches. When I was an insurance agent, I also attempted to sell some other staff like the gold coins, the houses, and the security in order to supplement my income. Now, I don't have a main job to earn the income any longer; however, I do have a steady income from the social security income, the requirement minimum distribution of my retirement accounts, and a few residual income from the insurance. The U.S. has provided her citizen with plenty of opportunity to make a good living in this country.   

No comments: