Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Recycle staff for gardening/Carlos Pueblo

Recycle staff for gardening/Carlos Pueblo

Yesterday while walking down to the neighbor street, I found an iron cage throwing away on the street curb. With the permission of a lady owner, I drove it home for my gardening use. I have been growing some melons in pots and ground on the back yard for fun. There is one Korean melon with a fist side which I lock inside the cage to prevent from the squirrel. I also use two small steel bars, two abandon bamboo fishing poles to set up a frame like interior for the vine. I have counted that I do have additional 10 small fruits to be taken care of.

Several years ago, I picked up a large steel pot down the street when the owner moved out of a rental house. With a help of water pipe repaired dirt, I filled up the steel pot and began to grow flowers and melons. What I have done is to spread the seeds from what we eat on the pot and when the sprout comes out, I start to water them or relying on the rain. I therefore transplant those sprouts into some limited space on the back yard. Now, it becomes my habit as I feel like an amateur gardener.

Even Amy can tell what the names of plants as she also likes to do yard work. We have done very well with lufa squash on the back yard for years except the problem from the squirrel. However, it is a joy to see growing on something annually other than flowers. 

We also utilize the fruits peels and vegetables. First, we store them at a closed 5 gallon tank with a cap till it is full on two of hem. Then, I would bury them among pots and ground to serve as the fertilizer. I don't know if it is working yet it is free. It is not a growing to expect something to harvest but a kind of hobby. Plants can grow well as long as there is a space, water, and sunshine, etc. like a person's growth and the outcome can be different upon the proper of environment.

No comments: