Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Doctor’s appointment/Carlos Pueblo


Doctor’s appointment/Carlos Pueblo

Recently, I have been to several doctor’s appointment for myself
and my son Arthur’s appointment. I have had my routine physical
and he has his cataract procedure. It becomes very important in
our life for such healthcare and no wonder Americans’ longevity
are improving. Amy and I almost have had a conclusion that people
cut their life short usually have no adequate health insurance ;
therefore, no sufficient doctor’s appointment to monitor health
issue.

I mention Dr. Jong’s successful practice to my eye surgeon Dr. Kopel.
He knows it immediately because that both of them work for the
same group. Jong is famous for his cataract surgery while Kopel rescues
the complication of eye surgery. Both are very successful and busy yet
I can converse with Kopel other than my eye vision while Jong is simply
very shy away other than medical business. I understand that he is busy
and I don’t mind at all. We have known Jong’s parents for years and they
are in their 80’s, a very successful story of immigrants from Taiwan.

My family physician, Dr. Broussard, is also trained in New Orleans, Louisiana
the same as both eye surgeons mentioned above. I believe that Broussard    
is even more relax, He makes me feel very comfortable of my health issue.
His main concerns is my diabetes, the level of my blood sugar. Every 6 months
I must go to visit him for blood test in order to refill my drugs. Last summer,
I ate too much watermelon and came back from a 23 days cruises and we had
to postpone the re-test of blood to avoid further sever prescription.

All of them now inform me, the patient, immediately both by conversation and
by e-mailing official report and I believe that both physicians receive the same
report as mine of their counterpart, i.e. my blood sugar in my eyes and the level
in my body. They are very familiar with my physical condition and I believe that
Broussard does monitor any of my other regular concerns of my body such as
prostate cancer or heart issue. Cancer and heart failure are two of the most
reason of mortality of man’s life.

I am very glad that many Democrats join in for the 2020 Presidential campaign
and advocate Medicare for all as their agenda. Doctor’s appointment must be
a right for American citizen.

No comments: