Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Arthur’s cataract procedure/Carlos Pueblo


Arthur’s cataract procedure/Carlos Pueblo

Yesterday morning, I accompanied my son Arthur to his cataract procedure,
a small surgery on his right eye which bothered his vision lately. We arrived
an hour early before the appointment with a full room of patients. Dr. Jong
has a very successful practice. It was 9:48 am when he entered to the surgery
room and came out at 11:00 am with a successful result. The cataract surgery
is the removal of white membrane which growing through the years outside
of the natural cataract hinder the vision. The surgeon will replace it with an
artificial one to help the vision. I have been done on both of my eyes and now
with a 20/20 vision for far sight reaches. Arthur is still needed prescribed glass
for his astigmatism on his new right eye.

Cataract pocedure is very common for the senior with Arthur’s case is very rare
for the people at young age. Dr. Jong has arranged 27 surgery in the morning and
five simultaneously. I can see the instant report on a screen at the waiting room.
The modern medical technology has been improved that you don’t need to have
the surgery eye covered after the procedure. After 24 hours, the patient goes
back to the clinic to be checked and that’s it. Last time when I had had my left
eye done, I did check on the medical dictionary, the cataract surgery was developed
almost 3000 years ago in India. My Asian Indian surgeon mentioned it that there was
no anesthesia available; therefore, it was very painful.

We’re very thankful for that Arthur is in good health in compare to his turbulent
beginning of his life. He has been working his current job for 11 years with health
insurance. After returning home, I checked his income tax information available
for filing that his dividend income has exceeded his salary last year. It is working
for his financial strategy built by both of us.     

No comments: