Friday, February 8, 2019

Adopted daughters on Pearl/Carlos Pueblo


Adopted daughters on Pearl/Carlos Pueblo

Getting acquainted with pretty and hardworking staff on board of
a cruise ship is a joy of my cruise trip especially that I therefore
adopted them as my daughters. The routine procedure is taking several
photos together and the e-mail address in return to photos after I
finishing posted on my desk top computer. Some of them did correspond
with me later. This is a group of youngsters who are well educated and
with a good manners in the world.

I can bring up some of my adopted daughters from Jade and Dawn to the
more senior staff such as the waitress, hostess, or matrie D’hotel for their
previous colleague experience. Amazingly, they all have a fond remember
among them and know where they are after years departure. It is the
friendship and now I have joined them at least on myself. The administration
on board encourages its staff to keep their best to customers and make sure
like coming home. There are about 40 of them adopted on Pearl and it is very
hard for me to describe them all with such a limited time, 10 days, yet let me
start.

Hristina, pronounced Cristina, is from Bulgaria who used to work with Cristina
of the old Jade and Imelda of the Sky and Dawn. They are all in the level of
manager in the restaurant. She came to manage the Garden Café in the morning
and back to her steak house, Cagney’s, at night. She lives by the Black sea where
the Danube enters to while her sister lives in Sofia, the Capital City, on the west
near Serbia. I mentioned to her that my neighbors, Christine and John owners of
my favorite dog Forest, would be on the Danube from Nuremberg to Budapest in
April. She encourages me to visit her country and perhaps I shall.

Nelfa is a close friend of Imelda. She informed Imelda immediately after we met
of my appearance. Her husband has a Chinese surname, Sy, and she also mentioned
her grandfather was a Japanese with a last name of Fujimoto. I knew it right away
the similar story of Fabian Miyaco of the Jade and Dawn. It was the 1942 invasion
of Philippine by the Japanese Imperial Army and after the War those Japanese
youngsters stayed behind and married the locals. She is very pretty and kind and her
partner of the Summer Palace, Florabell, is also very charming. I don’t think that I have
had Nelfa’s photos taken. I’ll do it next time if there is.

I met and adopted several Chinese daughters on board as well. There are more Chinese
staff transferred from Joy, the oriental route ship in China, to the rest of the fleet. I
am very happy to meet so many of them whom I can communicate with them in Mandarin.


No comments: