Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Important to be healthy/Carlos Pueblo


Important to be healthy/Carlos Pueblo

While we were waiting for Dr. Jong to check on Arthur’s right eye after
the second week of cataract procedure, we saw many patients came in
for the morning appointment , registration and insurance verification.
I recommend him for a regular checkup with all his physicians, internal
medicine, dentist, and Dr. Jong, etc. for all his medical need. His employee
does provide basic group health insurance which passes the Obamacare
requirement. When we run into illness and begin to seek doctors’ help
is not quite an idea to keep us in longevity and it is true that have witness
those die at young age who do not have adequate health coverage.

There is no national healthcare in the United States and the reasons are
varies. If the U.S. is a small nation and easier to maintain the national
healthcare, it would provide it yet I don’t believe that it would. I believe
that at least of 25% of the U.S. population don’t have adequate healthcare;
therefore, it becomes a national issue. The national priority may change a
little bit in 2020 and I hope that may come true one day.

I lost my group health insurance after I lost my contract with a major life
insurance company after I ran short of 6 months to make a requirement
of 10 year tenure to be eligible for continuing the self-paid group coverage.
I have attempted several times to find jobs which were provided health
Insurance and failed, like to be a school teacher and returned back to an
Insurance company. That 40 million un-insured is not important enough
to draw the enough national attention. I have been lucky that I have been
under Medicare ever since I reached age 65. Both of my children are working
with group health coverage and only Amy has inadequate individual major
medical with huge deductible to satisfy Obamacare with not tax penalty.

I understand that the national healthcare can’t guarantee the health of the
Insured yet at least the coverage can make the insured less stressful for the
high cost of healthcare. This is one of the main reason why people with health
insurance can avoid unexpected illness such as cancer, diabetes, all kinds
of cardiology failure by regular physical checkup.  


No comments: