Tuesday, February 19, 2019

A busy week/Carlos Pueblo


A busy week/Carlos Pueblo

My busy week begins on Saturday. My league tennis match starts at 8:00 am
If my captain can arrange me to play on the first round of matches. I must
quickly finish the 11 games match in order to catch on my beginner Spanish
class at 10:00 am about 20 miles away. I feel very good of the renewal study of
Spanish and Japanese classes after so long of slowing progress.

I had to deliver an eulogy for a funeral service for a deceased alumnus on Sunday
morning. I quickly took the task on late Saturday night and posted them, both
in Kanji and English edition, on my blog and the funeral home made both on
one page paper for me to read. After the ceremony, we followed the casket to
the cremation and a lunch with the deceased family. He was 77 and died in
natural cause which I was informed as at least one major organ ceased functioning.

We went to Austin on Monday morning to visit our daughter Michelle. My job is
to mow her yard and apply the fertilizer while Amy would clean inside and help
weeding garden. We came back on the following day due to my Tuesday night
tennis. It started raining in the morning on Tuesday.

My Japanese class is on Thursday and we’re working on some basic conversation
skill and repeated practice. Nagamoto sensei is going to bring three of his international
students to our class to converse with us. We’re going to do self-introduction and
a daily life which we have practiced so far. I have had my own study on sentence
pattern at home and feel very interesting.

I plan to do my income tax return on Friday and on Saturday, I’ll have a full day
schedule again starting with league tennis, Spanish, an alumni association lunch,
and a seminar of Taiwan under Chinese Nationalist’s rule.   

No comments: