Saturday, February 16, 2019

Remember Dr. Neng Chyang Leu/Carlos Pueblo


Remember Dr. Neng Chyang Leu/Carlos Pueblo

Dr. Neng Chyang Leu passed away recently and I have had this
privilege to deliver my remembrance of our friendship in the
Taiwan Normal Alumni Association. He was one of our chapter
President and had contributed very much for our activity
Including the scholarship to help students in our beloved Alma
Mater.

One time, he described to me of his humble childhood. He was
brought up in an orphanage and I was mistaken that he was
an orphan of a deceased solider during the big pull back in
1949 from China. Mrs. Leu told me last night when I asked. It
was actually not because of the hardship of the family, his
parents had to leave two of the siblings to the orphanage. This
fate didn’t hinder his efforts to pursue advanced education. He
made it to the Biology major  at Taiwan Normal and eventually
came to the U.S. to get his Ph.D. in biology and served at Houston
VA Hospital until his retirement lately.

On side of his scientist profession, he was also an inventor. One
Time, he showed me his key board invention with a pattern and
was ready to put into production. It was all before the current
overwhelming computer world. Mrs. Leu told me that he was
still doing something at home. I admire him and his life as a
good husband and father.

No comments: