Monday, February 11, 2019

Learning foreign languages/Carlos Pueblo


Learning foreign languages/Carlos Pueblo

One of my life time hobbies is learning foreign languages. Like Mandarin
Chinese and English, I may have a breakthrough in Japanese and Spanish
Which I am taking lessons now. I understand some basic grammars yet I
still don’t own them due to lack of practice. I visit Japan and Spain quite
often and have the opportunity to speak briefly until I am lost and each
time I always make up my mind to improve it.

There is a Precinct Community Center on Wirt Road not far from my house
on driving where some language classes are offered. Many people are taking
advantage of such offers to learn additional knowledge of their life. I have
had Spanish and French occasionally since the early 2000’s. Most of my efforts
were interrupted by some reasons either of my schedule conflict or lack of
classes. After these years, I feel very comfortable to re-join the beginner’s
class with some background.

Both Japanese and Spanish are contained with grammars, i.e. verbal conjugation
and sentences patterns with certain requirement such as a subject, verb, and
object, etc. It can be easier after learning English because that there is no obvious
grammars enforcement in spoken and written Mandarin Chinese language. It may
be a little bit late for me to remember new vocabulary for new language to make
them my own command yet I am pleased of my effort and make up my plenty of
retirement life.

What I am going to do next is to compose in Japanese and Spanish like what I am
doing in both Chinese Kanji and English writing regularly. By that experience, I
feel more comfortable of practicing the new languages and make them my own.
When I was a child at school, there were requirement to compose articles regularly
until I was a freshman at college for a major Chinese language art class. Now, it has
become my hobby to write on my blog every day to express myself of my life.


No comments: