Sunday, February 3, 2019

Swinging golf on board/Carlos Pueblo


Swinging golf on board/Carlos Pueblo

There are two set of small golf ranch on Deck 13 above the pools one
on each side by the track. One day, I passed by and watching an elder
swinging. I mentioned my admiration yet couldn’t hit straight; therefore,
golf was not in my life of practicing sports. He said that was easy and gave
me a tip or two. He held a stick of 7 with his left hand thumb up, pointed
it to the ground by the ball with his left arm straight. Then, he said to grasp
the stick by the right hand on top of the left hand with now an open between
the 2nd and 3rd finger to hold the right little finger. Still measured the distance
between the body and the ball with everything straight all according to the
physic principle. Both legs opened up and let the ball sit in the middle on the
other end of the stick. Now swing 180 degree at the beginning. I could a clean
and crispy sound and the ball flying away rapidly. Both angles half bended and
moved closer to the middle.

I went to the other side for practice right away. It worked and I could feel the
straight hit. Fred came by, his name, and watched. I missed a swing and he knew
right away because I did bend the angle yet forgot to move them closed to the
middle. Since then, I had practiced twice a day every day. It is a new found interest
on board. I bought a set of golf to play in the 80’s, yet for many reasons I couldn’t
hold it as a hobby like tennis. Recently, my daughter Michelle took away my old
golf set to add golf on her leisure sport in addition to tennis. I feel that it may be
a good idea for me to join the sport. I described it to my son Arthur, a lefty and
encourage him to try. He agrees with me and I am going to build a net to catch balls
on the back yard. One time maybe 10 years ago, I bought two set of nets in order to
make dry persimmons to keep fly away. I can use some rug left over in the garage
as a pad in front of my home made ranch.

As frugal as I am, I shall not pay to go to 18 holes real golf if I am not swinging straight
at practice. I like to play tennis because that is almost free. To maintain a golf course
is very costly that reminds me the three local Taiwanese proverbs, to avoid growing
cane sugar and sell to the sugar factory because it is cheap; to avoid smoking because
costing money to blow air; to avoid playing billiards to pay money to make balls collided.
Golf, of course, is difference and is more prestige and high class living yet I still need to
find an inexpensive one to go to.

No comments: