Sunday, July 10, 2016

Eating roast pig head/Carlos Pueblo

Eating roast pig head/Carlos Pueblo

Cruise Garden Café prepared roast pigs for lunch on the second day
of the journey. It is delicacy meal due to the young and small size of
the pigs. The chef would slice a filet and you choose gravy or crane
berry. Because that I had had some experience with this cruise liner
and I went back to ask for the pig head. The young chef smiled and
cut off the head placed on a plate delivered to me. Yong, my in law,
immediately went to the bar to have 2 glasses of red wine and two
jars of icy draft beer. Some westerners felt funny and some ladies
felt discussing, some oriental did not dare to look by turning their
eyes on the other direction, while some young cruise workers covered
their mouths to simile. I don’t believe that they have seen this in their
experience and we don’t care very much at all.

Normally after serving the pig, the head would be crushed and disburse
to the ocean as well as the rest of the food waste. I always like to taste
the pig head and the brain especially after the sex continue education
we all are pig heads should slap our own faces and eat some pig head
with brain to improve our smartness, don’t you think? In our Taiwanese
famous proverb, the skin of a pig head cannot fry and squeeze and oil,
which can be imply to many things such as you are not the right material
etc. We did enjoy our pig head treat and drink. My German Canadian
elder sister, Eleanor, went to ask the chef to give her another one and delivered
to our table, I was busy to explain what was going on to the bystanders and
then there was a small party. We got to know many fellow passengers and
later became our acquaintance. A pair of mother and daughter from Prince
Edward Province of Canada, asked Yong to e-mail the photos of pig head to
her in order to show her husband who was in critical condition.

Two months later, I was in Sun’s Alaska back to back. Again on the second
day of the embarking, the ship presented roast pigs for dinner. I asked the
young chef again for the pig head. He was not sure if I was joking. After one
hour waiting and several reminding him continuously. He gave me that head
with ears off and head bone cut open for me to grasp the brain. A Philippine
lady came by and asked about it, I advised her to the counter for the second
one. She got it in 2 minutes with a red apple still in the mouth, again, the head
was open. She told me that Philippine, people ate pig head.


No comments: