Sunday, July 17, 2016

Cruise performing pianist/Carlos Pueblo

Cruise performing pianist/Carlos Pueblo

Cruise is like a moving town in U.S., there are many restaurants and bars on
board. Program director arranges a performing pianist, Mr. Taylor from Veil,
Colorado, to play and sing on deck 7, Atrium, every night. He was originally
From Connecticut New England area, moving to Veil for years. April is off
snow ski season and he has been working on the cruise for years. His wife
came along this trip and went back to work after landing at Barcelona. He
continued to circle Europe. He is very good at old popular songs and can
sing as well. Upon request, he would check on his tablet computer and decide
if he could do it, most of the time, he would satisfy you singing or not at least
with piano illustration. At the first night, he played a Webb piece, Don’t cry for
me Argentina, upon the request of me and another passenger. During 16 days
duration, he had played this song several times even passed it on the guitarist
Carlos on the Deck 6.

Atrium is at the mid-ship office area, very beautiful with most of the customer
service office around with golden chrome ladders up to Deck 8 restaurants.
Cruise photographers would use the background to take artist shots for the
passengers. Atrium bar can seat 50 with a very efficient bar operating. Up to
Deck 8, there are immediately adjacent two restaurants, Blue lagoon and Moderno.
Moderno is a fee Brazilian restaurant only open at night while Blue Lagoon is open
24 hours complimentary with a join bar. I proudly announce that Christina, my newly
adopted daughter, is the manager for both. You can look down from the balcony of
both to view and listen Taylor’s play from 7 pm to midnight.

After I described the story of my failed proposal to the pretty on board, my elder
Canadian German sister, Eleanor, advised me request a song from Taylor, I never
promise you a rose garden, I checked it later and found was by Lynn Anderson. He
played this melody with harmony and later I asked him again and brought Christina’s
attention to the balcony and bowed to the musician. It was so funny that another girl
Aiza indicated that she would like the musician to play a song for her too. I asked
the guitarist Carlos to play a song learned from Taylor called, I will wait for you by
Connie Francis later I found it. Because her restaurant, Jasmine Chinese Cuisine was
right up from Carlos Magnums on Deck 6, of course with a ladder to be connected.
Carlos didn’t play the song which I regret very much.

After I came home, I have organized myself for some songs which I remembered
he played in addition to those three, Candle in the wind, Ballade pour Adeline,
Besame mucho, Time to say goodbye, La Paloma, Hotel California, Midnight train
To Georgia, etc.




No comments: