Sunday, July 3, 2016

Bus tour downtown Miami/Carlos Pueblo

Bus tour downtown Miami/Carlos Pueblo

Ship after sailing one day and two nights, Arrived in Miami port. I was
sitting at the same table with Eleanor and her husband for the breakfast.
After listening to my traveling plan, she pointed it out a small red roof
bus for me to take to tour downtown Miami. The bus is free provided by
the city and having a stop near the cruise terminal. I have been very impressed
by the city through my binoculars, blue green harbor and skyscrapers; however,
the bus goes through some old streets with many wooden bungalow s aged yet
well maintained. Miami is the richest and cleanest city in the U.S. and I regret
so much that I have not visit the city after living so long in this country and
passing through the airport so many times.

The bus was very practical on the route through old town to pick up and let go
of passengers to work , shopping, and going home. etc. I could see most of them
like me dressed plain clothes. The section must be the original construction, Miami
was incorporated in 1896, City expanded. This old downtown reminds me of my
youth in Taiwan before 1960 in the old city of Taipei or my hometown Huwei.
It is still busy and relaxing, bungalow houses with green mango hanging on the trees
with pheasants walking on the ground. It is a Cuban American community, the modern
constructions are adjacent to it. Miami keeps the tradition.

I was witness several disable passengers helped by the regular, most of them were
not convenient to walk on and off the bus yet they still needed to get around on this
free bus. I saw an old man on wheel chair waiting for the pregnant driver to lower the
small platform and up let him move to the back side of the bus and stable his chair.
When he was ready to get off, she just reversed the procedure. I wondered if I traveled
very far yet it did take very good two hours.

Walking back to the cruise terminal, I could not help to check in the port authority office
for rest room break, all the employees knew what was going on and pointed the direction
of the toilet. Many passengers got off the bus because that Miami was the last U.S. seaport
for passengers to purchase merchandise before Europe with a reasonable price.

Yong was looking for me for the emergency phone call from home. Houston was flooded
and we lost one vehicle, the one served us for previous day’s airport and terminal transportation
, 2002 Honda Accord.  


No comments: