Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Disembark at Funchal, Madeira/Carlos Pueblo

Disembark at Funchal, Madeira/Carlos Pueblo

After two week’s navigation, the ship arrived at the port of Funchal
on the west coast of Portugal. Funchal is the capital city of Madeira,
an autonomous region of Portugal. It is a very pretty European city
indeed.

City downtown and the port are adjacent to each other with steps
uphill. I was attracted by the gardens, two of them inside downtown
area and I checked the internet dictionary more than 10 more in the
islands. Varies of spring flowers were in the buckets and hung on the
streets, balconies, under the eaves, and low walls on the sides of the
houses. This is a beginning of European scenery.

On the first city garden nearby downtown shopping area and cathedral,
the spring flowers were blooming, pedal with white stripes of amaryllis,
roses, and many kinds of tree flowers which we transplanted to Houston
household. I have enjoy taken many pictures for my review in later day
at home. I like an inspector and may be the only one taking so many
pictures like no more opportunity in the future. Most of the flowers are
mixed in the small garden to show the excellent of combination.

I continue to walk toward the second garden park across a big traffic
circle, again, the fountain is surrounded by another narrow flower bed
with yellow flowers on it. I was busily taking photos while the passing
vehicles were making circle and turned to four different direction. The
large park with many gardens are on the hill and you can overview the
bay and nearby islands of Madeira. I like roses and there are many of
different colors of them, it is one of the best rose gardens which I have
visited in the world.

Many passengers walked back to the ship early to have late lunch on
the ship. This was almost at the end of my ocean travel and I was anxious

to start my land journey in Europe.

No comments: