Sunday, July 24, 2016

Visiting Anella Olmpica/Carlos Pueblo

Visiting Anella Olmpica/Carlos Pueblo

I knew that the Plaza d’espanya was gorgeous because of passing by a day before;
Therefore, I decided to go back to visit again on the next day. Several buildings on
the square and nearby have been built since 1929, International Exhibition. This
Exhibition was not the famous World Exposition, World’s Fair, and I admitted my
mistake in my Chinese edition of my journal. I selected the Avenida Paral-lel to start
my walk of the city this time. A ham shop caught my eyes and I went in to have a
camera inspection. A year ago, I was in downtown Malaga and saw a ham leg on a
window of a fancy restaurant with a knife ready to slide and a bottle of wine on the
side. A restaurant came out to greet me and I asked immediately quanto questa?
How much was it for me to have a piece? His answer was 25 euros for a minimum
Order and of course I was shy away to have a vegetable roll instead. Yong gave me
a takeout ham sandwich on the first night in Barcelona and on the second morning
breakfast which we had had a buffet at the hotel restaurant which we had ham as
well. It was very delicious and I decided to know more about it. I read about a Chinese
cure pork leg from a place south of Yangtze River called Ginhwa fire leg yet I never have
a taste of it. This is called Jamon Iberico, I am sorry that I must go back to Anella.

Before the entrance of a busy highway on the avenue, I made a left turn to another
busy street with lots of shops. Some of idle old buildings existed on Paral-lel and  
were kept in some tolerated condition. I bought a piece of water melon and consumed
on a small playground for children. There was a small coffee shop at one end of shopping
mall and asked to wash my hands. I followed the scene of tall roof of a dome of some kind.
I was on my way to the famous Anella Olmpica 1992, yet it was still with a distance on the
hilly road. I took a nap on a small park next to an apartment complex which I believed was
an athletes’ village back then. Two lovely dogs woke me up and one them was a Chow Chow.
I ran into them again when I walked up to a street corner. There was this place on a side of
some abandoned field of old Olympic menu with pretty wild flowers of red color and white
color two individual of same kind. I took several pictures and hoped one day I would know
its name. Most of the stadiums and arenas are intact with excellent condition.

I walked out of the park and entered an adjacent garden of some old royalty and ran into
a pretty Chinese girl from London, Miss Yu, who attended a marathon nearby Barcelona.
She was very open and friendly and I took her back to the Olympic park for some photos.
Later, I invited her to our hotel restaurant for dinner and met our group. She was such an

interesting girl to have an excellent conversation with and even paid her bill.

No comments: