Friday, July 22, 2016

Kind senior couple in Barcelona/Carlos Pueblo

Kind senior couple in Barcelona/Carlos Pueblo

I got off a shuttle bus from the cruise terminal to la Plaza de Colom
and walked towards la Plaza de Catalunya on the famous La Rambla
passing by the famous fish and produce market. I was tired and took
a nap on a street bench facing the building on Passeig de Gracia. When
I woke up, a senior couple sitting next chair to me and I said Bon dias.
The senior couple bon dias back to me and we started to chat. They
told me that they were on their way home with the same subway
station and offered to take me with them. The couple waited for me
patiently while I was struggling to descend to the subway entrance.
My problem was my ticket was inserted in a wrong end and stuck inside
the entrance machine. The gentleman asked me to wait and moved my
heavy luggage to block that entrance gate. The security guard came by
and advised call the office for help. He did and waited for a while till a
life person answering the phone. Their conversation was in Catalan
langue. Not very soon, the subway officer showed up and opened the
key and saw the ticket yet could not got it out and suddenly it was
disappeared in front of our eyes. She gave me another tickets, it was
a multiple passes.

We got off the subway and got up to the street level. I appreciated their
Kind effort so much, I invited them for a lunch yet they did not accept.
After they showed me my hotel direction, we went on opposite direction.
I was lucky that the wife spoke fluent English.

Peter and Yong arrived to the Hotel first and was not able to check in;
therefore, they went out for a taxi tour of Barcelona and left the luggage
at the hotel front desk. I arrived late yet I was allowed to enter the ready
room. I went to find a coin-operated laundry and took my dirty clothes
to wash. I ran into difficulty again for not knowing how to operate, the
machine took my coins and I could not start the wash machine and there was
no attendant inside the shop. After several asking the passerby, I finally got
a next door office gentleman came by to crank it up. I was very sorry for
myself hat day.




No comments: