Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Visiting Dublin, Ireland/Carlos Pueblo

Visiting Dublin, Ireland/Carlos Pueblo

It was raining when I arrived at Dublin, I managed to get up and off
the bus and the difficult part was try to find my hostel on lower
Garden Street because the numbers arrangement were very much
different from what I understood. Finally, as usual, I asked enough
people and reached my address. I was wet including all my belonging.
The inn has been more than 100 years yet still in very good order.
Many guests use the kitchen facility which is very convenient to me
to prepare my own food other than others soup for instance.

Lower Garden is perpendicular to the River Liffey only a few blocks away.
During the old time, big sails could reach the city on the river; therefore
most of the historical buildings are on both sides of the river and can be
track back to more than a thousand years. I had had something in my mind,
I only had my second chip for my Canon camera and I liked to get a spare
one in case that I needed it. I turned right or west on Talbot Street, a familiar
Irish name, to the old town shopping center and turned again back to O’Connell
toward the river, they called Quay to be near the river banks.

Dublin is very dynamic, new building and the innovation of the aged. I always
like to visit this island nation. One year during an election in Taiwan, Mary Robinson
was invited to be an observer by the opposition party, and she was prohibited to
greet Taiwanese on a podium. The opposition party is now the incumbent in Taiwan.
She mentioned something about the famine in Ireland during her visit. Two years ago,
I watched a Taiwanese television talk show about Irish national capital income. The
number is higher than Britain and I check it truth. It is true and the number is approaching
that of the United States. I know the statistic sometimes mislead the reader such as
Chinese GDP versus people’s wealth. Recently, Ireland encourages foreign investment;
therefore, foreign capital pulls in increase the gross domestic product number, divided
by the same national population become a higher national income average, actually the
nation is still poor yet better off than some of the rest of the world. I have seen many
foreigners working in Dublin.

I got my camera chip with 6,000 shots at one big Fuji camera shop on the south side of the
River near Trinity College where I discovered another wonderful cherry blossom.



No comments: