Monday, July 25, 2016

Cherry blossom in two London Parks/Carlos Pueblo

Cherry blossom in two London Parks/Carlos Pueblo

Arriving Heathrow Airport late on Thursday night, 05/05/2016, I was very relax
to have a Tube ride to my hostel at Bayswater on the skirt of Hyde Park. I went to
visit Kensington Park next morning very early. I was attracted by the beautiful
spring flowers for the entire day. I had inspected the Queen Victoria Garden, some
small garden in front of the police head quarter, and almost every blooming cherry
tree.

The garden is in the front of Kensington Palace, the Queen’s birth place, her white
statue is up to the front. Varies colors of turnip flower with stems shooting up, the
gardeners place several rolls of flowers among them. It is indeed a Royal Garden
with top class flowers arrangement. I walked toward the golden Prince Albert Statue,
the Queen’s husband. Pretty red camellia, magnolia flowers in pink and white spread
along the pedestrian path, I found a scarlet red cherry blossom. Before this European
trip, I just came back from my annual visit of cherry blossom festival in Washington D.C.
I noticed the tree was similar to the red one nearby Jefferson Memorial facing Tidal
Basin. I walked toward a gardener who was doing some yard work about the name of
the cherry flower, he said that he had no idea yet he pointed on the direction with more
cherry blossom.

I could identify Kwanzan, Akebono, Fugenzo, Shirofugen, and a red one which I lost my
memory. Kwanzan and Fugenzo are complex pedals red turn pink; Shirofugen is white
Fugenzo while Akebono has red bulb and turn to pink then white. The most famous
Somei Yoshino cherry blossom were gone yet I did see them on my first visit of the
Park a couple years ago.

I walked along a river, it was a lake, inspecting each flowering cherry tree. White
Swans, ducks, sea gull, pigeons, and birds of all kinds etc. was flying up and down. I was
again taking a nap until a friendly boxer woke me up. I continued walking enjoy the
beautiful spring and I passed by a small garden with turnips at a significant yet small
police headquarter.

Yamada Haruhiko from Tokyo came to have dinner with me that night. I got to know
him on this hostel last year and had had a dinner in Tokyo early this year. We have
become a good friend. He was on his annual European trip at the time. We had
Cantonese roast duck and beer.



No comments: