Sunday, March 24, 2019

Two tennis games on Saturday/Carlos Pueblo


Two tennis games on Saturday/Carlos Pueblo

Finally, there was a dry day on Saturday for the spring. There was no
Spanish class; therefore, I had no restraint on time to play the league
match far away at Katy, Texas. A teammate, Paul, gave me a ride to the
Eagle Point Club and my double partner, John, took me back to our own
courts. Incidentally, there was a need of a fourth player, I joined to the
second game of the morning and I was exhausted when I got home not
quite late in the morning.

The first game was no match at all. Our opponents are younger and better
than us rarely make errors. Sometimes, I feel that if I should continue the
exercises yet I feel no pain on any part of my body, i.e. my joints. I am still
concerned if I make my partner embarrassed. While on my second game at
the home court, I felt much more comfortable due to similar level of tennis
scale. I like this kind of tennis that I can obtain very much needed exercises.

My son Arthur is off during the weekend and I can have more time to prepare
our dinner in the late afternoon. His mother is away in Las Vegas, the Grand
Canyon, and Los Angeles for their sisters’ reunion. I have done four dinners and
five more to go. He is very nice to me and finishing all what I have provided. He
works at night and that’s why she prepares his dinner early late in the afternoon.

I wrote a piece on my blog about an old Japanese song, Hokkiko, an amended
edition of a popular song in the dormitory at Manchuria, China before the War.
I did some Google search and completed in both Kanji and English edition on the
same Saturday before and after the two tennis games. Since I am making some
progress in Japanese language, I shall introduce some more of my favorite old
songs. The next one will be Miyako no ame ni, means the Capital city in the rain.
I like the composer, the original male singer, and a female singer of my favorite.
I’ll introduce her to you, she is about my age and out of the stage for a long time.

The spring is finally here. I go out to the garden on the back yard and shake some
flowers on the lemon trees and pick off some yellow leaves. There are still bees
around even as the mandarin orange tree blossom. We’ll have a good harvest in
the late fall and I shall go to neighbors for some of their harvest. There are many
tangerine trees in the subdivision; however, American are mostly not interested
to eat them, they prefer to the orange juice.






No comments: