Sunday, March 17, 2019

Lunch with Sara’s family/Carlos Pueblo


Lunch with Sara’s family/Carlos Pueblo

Sara Rodriguez is our beginner Spanish teacher, a young lady from
Mexico, some time with her son coming to the class. I come back to
the community center due to the beginner Japanese class and find this
opportunity to come back again in Spanish learning. I can ask and answer
one or two basic Spanish greeting and that is all. There are at least 6
families in the neighborhood that I can converse with yet I do have the
limitation. She is an excellent teacher and I may have a breakthrough. After
we successful invited Nagamoto family for a lunch, I invited her family for
a lunch after the class and they accepted.

We went to a Chinese buffet restaurant nearby the community center also
on I-10 and I brought a German Rails map to help the conversation during the
lunch. Her husband is a German from a small city south of Koblenz on the Rhine.
I have visited Germany three times mostly in Frankfurt yet one time with the
German Rails pass across the country. I identified most of the cities which I
stayed overnight or came off the train for a day’s visit. He told me that he was
in the German Army and where he had been stationed. I have followed the map
to visited three scenic routes on DB Bahn, Prague, the Czech Republic to Dresden
on the Elbe; Stuttgart to Cologne on the Neckar and the Rhine; Singen to Offenburg
and to Freiburg in the Black Forest and the Danube. After hearing my description,
they felt that they should do some traveling themselves.

I always admire teachers volunteer their efforts to teach like in English for the new
immigrants. Come to think about it, I have missed so much opportunity to learn
several languages in this great nation such as English, Spanish, Japanese, and French
because that I don’t prepare enough and don’t know how to ask. I feel very comfortable
now because I have nothing to bother me and I can talk if I dare to native speakers.
I enjoy very much to listen to different languages and practice some during my traveling
in the world, i.e. on cruises to meet different people even though they all speak in English.
It is fun and easy to get close.

She is going to continue her beginner’s class after this session and so is Nagamoto Sensei
for his beginner’s Japanese. I like to continue these two classes even though I may have
traveling interruption.


No comments: