Thursday, March 7, 2019

My progress of Japanese and Spanish learning/Carlos Pueblo


My progress of Japanese and Spanish learning/Carlos Pueblo

It has been several weeks for me to go back to Japanese and Spanish beginner
classes at the community center. I like to report my progress. I appreciate the
opportunity to have one hour a week for both language plus I do have some
study time after classes. I study my old textbooks and review the sentence
patterns which have been applied to the conversation. I believe that I can catch
up with the teachers’ curriculum very easily. It is very interesting that Japanese
language has some verb conjugation and present, pass, and future tenses and
Spanish posts very much challenge to see the regular or irregular verbs change.
I don’t see that in the Mandarin Chinese language which is relied on the adverbs
heavily like time of the current, future, and past.

Nagamoto Sensei asks us to practice some basic sentence such as self- introduction,
family, and daily life routine. We have covered a lot, as much as we can go and with
no restriction of questioning. Japanese language has been influenced by the ancient
Kanji, Chinese characters, very much. I can see the vocabulary just pronunciation in
Difference, of course, there are some Kanji developed after generation which are not
in use in the modern Chinese character. I can say that there is indeed an advantage
for me to learn Japanese other than the westerners who must get involve Kanji
eventually.

I have checked out several children Spanish books to read. I still feel very challenge
to understand such level of Spanish. I try to make an excuse for that it has taken so
much time for me to break through. When I see the new verb, I can guess the root
form and go to the dictionary yet some of the tails of verb are unfamiliar to me and
I have to go back to my grammars text. Spanish has three or more sentences to express
the whole meaning of sentence like in English.

Overall, I am knowable to pop up two or three sentences to start a conversation in
both languages yet I am still unable to watch movies. I may be better off in reading.
One of these days, I hope that I can do a better job like the Mandarin Chinese and
English to express freely.
  

No comments: