Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Discussion of the origin of our ancestors/Carlos Pueblo


Discussion of the origin of our ancestors/Carlos Pueblo

It is very difficult to discuss the origin of our ancestors and we take it
for granted for some unproven theory. I watched a You Tube video
of 2016 from Taiwan about the research of Taiwanese ancestors that directly
challenged the official theory, Taiwanese were Chinese. Actually, the talk
show speakers have pointed it out more likely Taiwanese are the part of
Austronesian, the Pacific Islanders. Why Taiwanese starts paying attention to
where he is from? It is because that he doesn’t like to be Chinese and falls into
the conclusion of Taiwan is a part of China.

Even nowadays the school education is very common and popular, people still
is unable to search his ancestor’s origin. I can track down up to two generation
above me and that’s it. It was because that under Japanese rule in Taiwan, 1895
to 1945, there was a registry of family which was prohibited to open to public by
the Nationalist Chinese regime due to the reason to cover up the fact of Chinese
colonization of Taiwan after 1945 and before 1895, the Manchu Dynasty for almost
200 years, Kuoxinya Cheng’s Dynasty briefly, and the Dutch rule before. I can’t go
that far and there is no such need in my life to do such search.

One year, I believe was 2013, I went back to the birth place of my father, Sanshia,
Taipei, Taiwan, to do some research of my family root. I selected my grandmother’s
side of registry. I suspected that my ancestors were not Chinese because that if
they were, they wouldn’t be in such poverty condition. All my ancestors were struggling
to be survival. It is true that I have not met any of my father’s side of the family. He was
the first one to be literate.

Therefore, there is no way for any of us to go back the record before 1900 in Taiwan.
I estimate that would take at least 5 years for the Governor General’s office of the
Imperial Japan to start the family registration plus the fact of illiteracy in my family
history. It is not important for me to find out my family origin instead that I should
ignore the Chinese claim that Taiwan is a part of China. It is not true even if I have
some Chinese blood. Taiwan is still Taiwan.



No comments: