Saturday, March 23, 2019

Listen to an old Japanese song Hokkiko/Carlos Pueblo


Listen to an old Japanese song Hokkiko/Carlos Pueblo

Recently, I am back to Japanese language study; therefore, I switch my
You Tube attention from Richard Clayderman’s piano pieces to the old
Japanese Enka and I am introducing one of them, Kokkiko, amended in
1961 for a movie of Kobayashi Akira originally by Oda Hirosi in 1941 at
Lushun, Manchuko. It was very popular among students who resided at
the dormitory of Lushun Koutougakkou. I need to explain more about the
old school system in Japan before 1945. My alma mater, Taiwan Normal
University, has been on the campus of Taihoku Koutougakkou established
in 1927. My father mentioned this institution when I passed the entrance
examination to enter Taiwan Normal and briefly about the status at that
time.

Oda was 19 when he enrolled to the school just open in 1941. He was born
In 1922; therefore, my conclusion was that he missed his application to be
a freshman at Tokyo First Koutougakkou, Ichi Ko for short which he mentioned
his sorry on the poem at paragraph 2 of the original poem. He also mentioned
the Manchuko University, Chien Kuo Daigatko, on the same sentence and of
course Lu Kou. The whole piece is very touching of his time wondering from
the imperial capital city of Tokyo and came to Manchu outside of Japanese
homeland. He did use the bitter sake, misery rain, separation of family and
friends to complete his homesick. The song was very popular at that time
with his pier. After the War, people are still singing it, of course, Kobayashi
made it famous and so do many other famous singers which I’ll name a few,
Baisho Chieko, Chiaki Naomi, Doji Yukiko, Miyoshi Eiji, Ishikawa Sayuri, etc
for the amended edition Hokikko while the original one under the performance
of Midorizaki Kasumi, the dormitory song of Lu Kou.

I was brought up by Japanese music after the War due to the vacuum of
Chinese occupation in Taiwan. I have never get into the Chinese music such
as classical Mandarin Opera or any kinds of instrument used. I believe that
the Meiji Restoration and the acceptance of the western civilization makes
the difference of Japan from China. I am interested in songs making and
the Pro-Prussian school systems. Now, in Japan is 6-3-3-4 schools like the
U.S. while before the War, 5-5-3-3 and Koutougakkou is the first 3 and the
final three is the university, Imperial University or Private University. I
believe the old British school systems are identical and I suspect the Eaton
and Rugby school are Koutougakkou. The Oxford and Cambridge were 3
years term then.





No comments: