Monday, October 18, 2021

Walking and reciting books of my youth days/Carlos Pueblo

 Walking and reciting books of my youth days/Carlos Pueblo

Recently I am walking on a beautiful green lawn of the Walnut Bend recreation center every morning before my tennis. The green lawn can be served as a soccer field reminds me my walking and reciting books of my youth days in Taiwan. I worked very hard as a student in order to pass all kinds of entrance examinations in Taiwan, junior high, senior high, college, and study abroad, etc. I have also worked very hard to learn English as my third major language. All of these were required to have repeated drills of all kinds. Mathematics and science needed to have a desk while the others would be more fun to walk and study simultaneously, i.e. I could pretend studying while walking around to see some pretty girls who also were practicing the same methods.

I didn't like to recite Chinese classical literature which the classes required yet I loved to recite English essay. Walking and reciting is like to speak to the audience regardless of the correct pronunciation. I could speak perfect Taiwanese because it was my mother tongue and I admitted that there was no way for me to speak a perfect Mandarin or English which were not important. Remembering English vocabulary took a lot of walking and reciting time during my childhood.

The place where I had taken my walking and reciting at my home town Huwei, Taiwan were the track and field ground of my elementary school and a beautiful garden park of my Dad's employer by a river. I had returned to my hometown to prepare those examinations and as a matter of fact, there were students had had the same habit to study.

I don't need to study anything now for any thing, otherwise the soccer field would be perfect for my walking and reciting Japanese, Spanish, and French languages, etc. My old brain is more solid than my youth days and I doubt the efficiency, yet I still enjoy walking on a green lawn better than walking on a concrete street.

No comments: