Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Make the beef noodle for Arthur Sunday/Carlos Pueblo

 Make the beef noodle for Arthur Sunday/Carlos Pueblo

Every Sunday afternoon, I make the beef noodle for my son Arthur as his dinner before he goes to work. He will finish the most of the pot on the next morning. I have learned and practiced this cooking for quite some time. The beef noodle is one of the Chinese cuisines which I love the most. I had it when I was about 16 years old when I was at the senior high school in the capital city of Taipei. This was a Chinese menu while we Taiwanese didn't dare to eat beef due to the farm work that the water buffalo shared with our farmers. The aromatic fragrant of the beef noodle soup has attracted many noodle lovers in the world. 

First, I buy whole bunch of beef while it is on sale. Amy will get rid of the fat and bag them. She would give me a small portion each Sunday with two pieces of chicken legs. I would seal both meats on a hot pan to make sure to keep some juice inside when boil in a pot. Second, I would pan fry chopped onion and garlic, sliced ginger with a help of the star anise to get rid of the beef smell. The added boiled water only covers up to the meat level. I shall let the soup keep boil under a slow heat to the minimum for at least two and half hours. Tomato and spicy red pepper are often added as additional ingredients to enrich the flavor.

While the beef soup is making, I prepare both noodle and Chinese cabbage at a boiling pot. Arthur can mix them when he is ready to eat it. Both Amy and I both have some concerned reasons like vegetarian diet and high cholesterol to avoid eating beef noodle; however, we still don't like to see it wasted. I take some left over and the situation has been improved as long as my cooking improved. 


No comments: