Sunday, October 24, 2021

Neighborhood gardens tour/Carlos Pueblo

 Neighborhood gardens tour/Carlos Pueblo

There was a neighborhood gardens tour held yesterday between 10 am to 12 pm for eight houses. Six of them  were covered the front and back yards while two only showed the front. I came home from my morning tennis to attend this activity. We walked the entire route of lovely gardens presented to us. Most of our houses at these two neighborhood are about 0.2 acres lot and were built in the late 70's and only one street, Del Monte Lane were in 1982 . Yet none of houses  were participated on our street. It is the first time garden tour within our community.

American family are multi interests oriented and fully expressed at their living. These are not fancy houses and yards yet very attracted due to the homeowners' pride. Most of the participants are the winners of the yard of the month honor. Even during the fall I still notice how distinguished the owners have put up their efforts to keep their yards beautiful. Most of them are with small lots of flower beds that I can imagine the fully blossoms in the spring. I have noticed the fact ever since I have moved to this subdivision. The homeowners also pay attention to year end light decorations and there are contests of many kinds every year.

It is very small and real to me to call a garden tour. I am used to the Royal Gardens and large Metropolitan Rose Gardens all oven the world, yet these gardens are very kin to me for that I can related to. I attempt to keep my front and back yards neat. I grow some flower like roses, cook's cum, amaryllis, oleanders, and Craig myrtle trees, etc. Flowers come out during the year until the year end.

Most of the six back yard designs are without a grass lawn except one. I understand that is due to the difficulty to maintain plus tall trees cover the sunshine. They build a pavilion at the center of the back yard with chairs and bricks lay on the ground with some flower boxes. This is a typical city subdivision and I know some of the owners not included do have big ranch outside the city.

I ran into some garden tour houses which I have previous experience to visit. I am very sad at the last house belonged to my favorite pet dog Scott who was deceased three weeks before. I have written several times about Scott on this blog. It is because that I change my regular routine after the Pandemic to play tennis every morning. I miss him very much.

No comments: