Wednesday, October 6, 2021

The morning walk to a soccer field/Carlos Pueblo

 The morning walk to a soccer field/Carlos Pueblo

Other than a regular morning tennis schedule, I recently have developed the morning walk to a soccer field to meet a pair of new found pet dog friend, Dixie and Brinkley, at Walnut Bend subdivision. The lovely green lawn field is on the southern end of the recreation center by the swimming pools and the playground for children. There is also an office club house in the front. Our three tennis courts are separated in the front. Some times, I need to use the toilet by the pools and notice the big soccer field and always love to walk on it.

I was the morning before yesterday, Dixie stopped and looked at me on a street corner outside of the fence with her companion and their owner. She is little black dog while Brinkley is a white one. I whistled all the way to exit the gate and she waited for me. After my regular sweet talk to all my pet friends, the owner told me their names and I asked to see them on the next morning. Yesterday, I was 30 minutes early and missed them and I did try again again this morning and I was in luck. I have seen many lovely pet dogs who know their prospect human friends like me. I tell their owner about two stories in Czech Republic and Japan, of course, many at my own subdivision. It is why I call myself a dog whisperer and I have had more than 40 pet dog friends whom I can call their first names.

The morning walk to a soccer field reminds me my memory of my infantry training in Taiwan. I had been sent to an Infantry Army Training Center near by Taichung in the central west part of the Island. I was very un-lucky to have the training twice, once before the freshman year for 3 months and another one right after college graduation to the same training center. There was a grass field inside the center and we couldn't march on the green lawn due to the difficulty to maintain the field. People keep on telling me that walking on a lawn is much better than walking on the street. Of course, grass lawn courts like Wimbledon are much better than the regular hard courts for our knees.

No comments: