Saturday, October 2, 2021

Refreshing my good memory of Wusha Lushang Hot Spring/Carlos Pueblo

 Refreshing my good memory of Wusha Lushang Hot Spring/Carlos Pueblo

Yesterday I flipped at two vlogs on the You tube about the once famous Lushang Hot Spring resort at the central mountain of Taiwan. It is such a wonderful video refreshing my fund memory of the resort where I first visited once at my early childhood. I was with my eldest sister Mary on the first group of visitors organized by my Dad's employer, Taiwan Sugar Corporation Puli factory to visit the old Fuji Hot Spring resort, the old name by the original developer, the Japanese imperial police. We stayed at the old imperial police resort inn later was grasped by Chiang Kai-sek for himself as one of the 27 villas in Taiwan. He re-named the area as Lushang for him to remember his favorite resort mountain in Chiangshi Province. It was because of high risk of the mountain road, my Dad decided to separate our family into three groups to go for the weekend in case. Mary and I were the first group and she also invited her classmate Hsieh A-Shing to come along. A-Shing later represented our prefecture to compete in swimming at the provincial events.

We passed by the famous Wusha township and turned into the dangerous two lanes mountain road. When we arrived, we had to pass a very tiny suspensive bridge in order to reach the resort. That was my first impression of Lushang where we attempted to hold out of our heart to jump out to the deep valley. The old suspensive bridge was rebuilt in October, 1977. At that time, Fuji Hot Spring resort inn was the only frame building in the area. Everything was very so attracted and beautiful. The entire population was about seven and half millions. Now, Taiwan is very crowded of 24 millions even the Hot Spring resort has become a small township full of buildings and exhausted the hot spring resources. The entire area was totally damaged by the earthquake, the mountain shifting, and flooding, etc. In addition to the Wuhan Corona Virus Pandemic, now the prefecture authority has attempted to move the entire area to a new location, yet people are still coming in for a visit.

Mary and her friend took me to the outside hot spring pool to avoid the crowded inside facility. It was such nice experience later I did learn how to swim at a creek passing by a sake factory. It has been almost 67 years since my first visit. During these 67 years, I have been back at least 6 times attempting to re-catch my fund memory of that visit, I also try so many times while traveling around the world to see if I can refresh my fund memory of the hot spring. It is so nice to see it on the You tube even it is almost abandoned to use for that resort inn on the video.


No comments: