Friday, October 15, 2021

Self Reliance/Carlos Pueblo

 Self Reliance/Carlos Pueblo

Self Reliance is a goal for any person who desires to be financial independence. We have learned it from our childhood and we teach our own children to reach this goal. Is it very difficult? I don't know yet I like to discuss it. I was from a very humble background and we learned it very early in our life. When I was in Taiwan, I needed to borrow money from friends and sisters to help me through. Only after I came to this country and I quit such habit. I only spend what I have at hands and even started to save money. Now, I even borrow money from credit cards for a short term maneuver that I call it get something out of nothing. 

Let me give you some hint. I borrow some money from credit cards for a zero percent interest yet I pay three percent fee. I do nothing for the fund which I obtain as a cash flow and I pay on time every month. At the end of the term, it is between 7-10 months period, I shall get my RMD, requirement minimum payment. out to pay off the principle. All what I am doing is to let my RMD stays a little longer in my retirement accounts to grow more than 3%. Credit cards company love the fee, US government won't allow my deduction of fees yet love to split my profit under the tax law. Every body is happy. First we need to have the knowledge.

Therefore, we must pay attention to the school education. Don't harass teachers at the classrooms. Study hard can only help you to build your talent to know how. Only we can help ourselves and it is very true.

I always like to tell my story as a high school teacher in this country. I was supposed to teach chemistry and physics at a senior high school. It only lasted for two months because I couldn't manage the classes. It doesn't matter how good I am in chemistry and physics. Students like to get into medical fields such as the nurse or the medical technician in order to get a better income. You have to learn chemistry and physics. Most of the students are not prepared before they enter the junior and senior years at the senior high school. It is too late for them to make up. They must find another careers. There are reasons why we must learn something at schools. 

It is not to say to make a fortune yet to be self reliance and financial independent in our own life.

No comments: