Thursday, October 21, 2021

Living in Houston, Texas/Carlos Pueblo

 Living in Houston, Texas/Carlos Pueblo

The weather in Houston, Texas is similar to Huwei, Taiwan where is my hometown of my childhood. There is a long and hot summer while a briefly spring and autumn. We do have some cold winter weather. I am used to this climate especially there is a well air conditioning invention during the 1960 while many people have moved to this area and makes Houston number 4 city in the United States and above 6 millions residents among 6 counties in the Metropolitan.

I came to Houston to join my brother's family in 1977 and married less than three years later. I have had my job and family in this city and now I plan to end my life here. I love the city and get use to live here where I consider as a paradise.

I go to bed every night about eight o'clock and have a toilet break during the entire night. It is a very unique life which I am describing now. I wake up at 4:30 am and start my routine. I shall check on the outside to see if the street is dry enough to play tennis. I therefore inform my tennis group of people whether to come to play tennis or not. Then, I prepare to make my simple pan cake for my son Arthur and myself for the breakfast. He drink the milk and the juice while drink my black coffee. If there is time enough I take an one hour nap before driving to a nearby tennis court to open the gate. I also prepare courts such as squeeze the wet spots. If courts are dry, I have time for walking on a small green lawn till my partners are arriving.

Now, I can't play too much and also I must avoid playing with players who are not my same level. I can excuse myself to walk again at the green lawn to meet some of my new pet dogs friends and their owners. I have had a very good relationship with dogs. One time, I even get to know a pretty young lady who I get to know her parents and their pet dog. I taught her one tennis lesson and expecting to give her some more. There are three groups of beginners hiring the pros to teach them lessons in order to get into the game.

Sometimes we finish the game at 10:30 am or even to 12:15 am. It's all depending on the showing up. I come home very tired and get myself ready for a long nap. I have Richard Clayderman's piano helps me to sleep. If you count it, there are more than 11 hours now in sleep, good and sound sleep. I must admit it that there is another nap after that and before my bed time.

This is all what I need in my life at this time. I think that I can make it to my 80; therefore, I don't have too ling to live and I must enjoy my limited life to last my meaningful way of life and Houston will give it to me.

No comments: