Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Sweeping leaves/Carlos Pueblo

 

Sweeping leaves/Carlos Pueblo

It is the fall and leaves are fallen from trees to the ground. I can no longer swimming and I find sweeping leaves on the ground as an alternative exercises after the morning walk. There is still a tall sweet gum tree on the front and leaves start to fall in October and continue by a magnolia and an oak tree until next summer. What I need to do is manage the driveway and the front street on my side. I begin to use the grass catcher to gather leaves and grasses when I mow the yard every other week.

Neighbors feel that I am a hardworking man to take care of my yard regularly. A young man with his infant daughter and a lovely pet dog comes by and introduces himself. I give him some idea of public schools in our subdivision. We are in the Houston School District which is the largest one in the area. People like the Spring Branch School District, a smaller yet well managed. Because that many younger families move in to our neighborhood to raise their children; therefore, I firmly believe that our schools will be improved dramatically. With children of good families, I believe that the school can manage its business better. Parents don’t have to send their children to private schools for education. Make sure to enforce doing the homework and save the cost of private schools for college education. Don’t force the kids to get into college loan debt.

Willy and his owner Mike drop by and Mike says that I should sweep the entire street. Every year I borrow his spreader to fertilize my yards. He also mows his yards. Willy is still sleepy. Most of our neighbors hire landscape persons to do the yard work. I don’t mind doing it by myself. I can sweep leaves almost every day if I feel like it.

The wind of the autumn will help to blow leaves from trees and also the rain. In Chinese literature, it describes both wind and rain in the fall will make people feel sad like to kill the mood of a person. I believe that there are many Japanese poets express their feeling of both in songs, like the Osaka sigure or Hatoba sigure mean the autumn rain in Osaka or the harbor rain in the fall. As a matter of fact, there is a famous Japanese old song called the fallen leaves which is one of my favorite. I sweep leaves on the ground and becomes my hobby.

No comments: