Thursday, October 22, 2020

Promoting the junior tennis/Carlos Pueblo

 

Promoting the junior tennis/Carlos Pueblo

When we meet on Tuesday night, we often see an Asian Indian American father watching his two children to play basketball. It was this Tuesday night when I arrived to the court the family just finished their tennis playing. I asked if they liked to have some used balls for practice. The father dais no yet liked me to teach his kids for tennis. I suggest that he hires a professional to do the job because that I am not that good. He says that I am good because he sees my playing. I believe that he wants to give his kids a free lesson. We agree to meet on the nest Monday night. I am going to promote the junior tennis in addition to my senior tennis project.

I was not quite sure if I still had a ball basket. I forgot how long ago that I had taught a group of children tennis from a neighbor’s family. It is a family of the home school children. They went out to the same kinds of families during the weekend for the exercises as the extra curriculum. I volunteered the teaching with all the tennis supplies which left over from Michelle and my own tennis playing. I since had got rid of some of Michelle’s rackets, a ball stand, and plenty of used tennis balls.

I learned Japanese tennis when I was on the first year of my junior high school. Before that I did watch my brother Yancy’s tennis tournament at his elementary school level as a company to my mother. The tennis has been very popular sport in Taiwan since 1895 when Japan ruled the Island. There were two nice tennis courts at our residential complex of the sugar plant. It was next to a swimming pool. We waited on every possible available time to play tennis. We used old net, used rackets, and refilled rubble balls to get to the sport. We learned the sport by watching people to play and copied their moves. It is very fortunate that I have built such hobby in my life. It is much better to play tennis that staying in the nursing home by now.

I am going to show them the different kinds of the grip, feeding balls to each other for practice, and the rest is really up to more practice of hitting like the regular study of every lesson in the class. If they still love tennis, they can join the local junior tour and school teams, etc.

No comments: