Saturday, October 17, 2020

Replace Arthur’s car battery/Carlos Pueblo

 

Replace Arthur’s car battery/Carlos Pueblo

Arthur’s car was stuck on the street because of the battery. I have to turn around my car and opened both hoods to jump. All vehicles have battery issues once in a while. I got it jumped and decided to visit the Walmart store. The technician advised me change a new one and I agreed. He asked me where was my Acura? I said it was gone in 2013. His hand held computer has my record.

I waited inside the big store. First, I went to have a soft ice cream at the McDonald and inspecting the nicely cleaned isles. The beef section steaks are not on sale and prices are higher than what I purchase at Kroger; yet they are better looking apparently. I check on the chicken feed on the pet food isle. There is a lost hen by the tennis court and I wonder how much it would cost to feed her. I continue my route to the sport isles to get 6 cans of tennis balls. They are more expansive than last time and should be blamed Trump for his increasing tariff on Chinese goods. I ask the clerk on the auto department if I can check out at her counter when my car is ready. She asks my name and tells me that my car is ready.

I am so glad that I can help Arthur as much as possible. He works at a supermarket at night with minimum wage. I insist that he stay with us to avoid any trouble by himself. I don’t do anything good significantly toward the other, yet I feel that I am doing some meaningful things to Arthur. I help him to build his financial independence for now and the future.

No comments: