Thursday, October 1, 2020

Doing the yard work/Carlos Pueblo

 

Doing the yard work/Carlos Pueblo

The summer is gone and welcome to the fall weather in Houston. I decide to do some yard work other than the lawn mowing every other Wednesday. I need to trim some bushes to make our yard better looking. First, I recharge two batteries for a chain saw. The white flower bush by the fence on the west border fence is getting tough to slow down the chain saw and I change to a pair of scissors to make the cut and repeat some cut from the saw. I also use a stand to cut the top portion like a haircut to the bush. Finally, I do see a rectangular shape of the bush.

I leave the debris on the driveway for later pick up and go to the front yard to cut a pair of bushes. Eight years ago, the sellers left an even pair of bushes for us. Now, they are not even due to the lack of regular care or they are growing unevenly. The battery chain saw is working better than the previous one. I am still cut some bigger branches manually and after that, I would apply with the saw. Amy is so happy that I do the yard work voluntarily. I explain that I hear Henry Wei is doing his yard work and I like to copy such good exercises. She tells me that she also trims the bushes regularly yet can reach to a certain height. I use the stand and step up to reach more.

I explain to her that I shall do some more with crape myrtle trees tomorrow. I have stuffed the trees in the front of our yard along with the street. Now, they are growing wild with branches like willows. I shall cut the top off to leave the lower stems to grow back next year. This is a common practice for growing such flowing trees. It is not good looking for such arrangement to plant flower trees in the front yet I hate to through them away and we don’t have any space left for those plants.

I sweep the leaves on the ground and feel very well of myself. Neighbors are walking by with dogs and I must put off my work to greet those honeys and what a day of the autumn this year.

No comments: