Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Save an oleander wall/Carlos Pueblo

 

Save an oleander wall/Carlos Pueblo

There is a metal fence along our tennis court. Previous homeowner association has planted oleander plants along the fence and now the bushes are growing very densely and tall like a wall. The other day, David Leiss came in to the court while I was waiting for my bodies to come for our regular Sunday games. He is our president of directors at the association. He told me that one of the lady directors in the board liked to cut down the bushes and place a long board of sign across the fence. I gave him my opinion that I like to save the oleander wall.

First, it takes a long time to grow such bushes to serve as a wall to block the wind which is a factor of playing tennis. Secondly, Tony in our group points it out that natural wall can block some street noises as well. David thinks it over and says that we do have some good points. I was walking pass to his house and he told me another director thought that I had a point. He said the board would trim the bushes instead of cutting it down. I think that we save the oleander bushes and also save the association some money.

Usually we pay our annual association due to keep the function of the association such as we pay the constable to patrol our subdivision, we pay private solid disposal, and we maintain the recreation center which covers a swimming pool, a tennis court and a converted basketball court, a playground for children, and a club house for meetings, etc. Our annual revenue is about half of a million and each household due is about $750 a year and increasing every year. It is like a small public organization with 5 directors served on the board and hires a management firm to run the business.

I know all five directors on the board because that I walk on every street every day. It is very interesting to know these neighbors who are taking seriously about the business of the subdivision. We also have a citizen patrol program which provides a vehicle for the volunteer to drive in order to keep the public safety.

No comments: