Wednesday, June 24, 2015

On my way to Barcelona/ Carlos Pueblo

On my way to Barcelona/ Carlos Pueblo

Ending of my London trip, I took a speedy train to London Gatwick Airport
to catch a TAP Portugal flight to Oporto, Portugal and then transfer to
Barcelona, Spain. However, my luggage was lost at Oporto Airport and was
delivered to the hostel the following day. By the fact, it saved all the trouble
for me to get in and out of the train and up and down of the station.

Because of the early arrival, I could not check in for that date, yet the clerk
allowed me to use the free WiFi at 7th floor near the terrace. I ran into a
pretty girl from Hawaii, Connie Premar, on the floor. She was there to use
the free internet as well. I spoke Japanese to her and she surrendered
immediately because her mother did not insist this language when she was
a kid. She works for the Cruise liner which I try to get a last minute. I asked
her to check on my computer for the availability, She did and yet in vain.
Later that day, I went to the cruise terminals and found out that should be
done with a travel agency. So I made it with a ticket for that Mediterranean
route a week after her schedule. She was so kind to inform me what were
exciting on the ship while she was on the trip.

Actually, I am planning to have a cruise trip to Hawaii islands this fall along
with Amy, then continue mine to Japan and Taiwan. We may see her on her
ship.

I had started my practice in speaking Spanish while I was in London. A hostel
clerk speaks the language and very patient with me. I can only recite some
sentences which I have worked hard with. After I arrive in Barcelona, I find
that Spanish are very nice talking to a foreigner in Spanish and appreciate
my effort to speak. I started to take a lesson 10 years ago along with Japanese
lesson, on and off; therefore my progress is very limited. All what I can say is
greeting, how much, when, where etc., and the rest is depending on English.
English is very common in Spain, Italy, and France as I know off.

Portugal is a nation which I like to make a visit in the future. Formosa, another
famous name of Taiwan, is Portuguese, which means the beautiful. I shall
remind people as well as Portuguese Taiwan is Formosa. I also may go back to
Europe this fall to take a re-position cruise across the Atlantic Ocean to Houston.
On my first stop will be an island of Funchal, a Portuguese colony, which is like
a paradise.


No comments: