Monday, June 8, 2015

Health Preventive Service/Carlos Pueblo

Health Preventive Service/Carlos Pueblo

One of the phone messages  while I was away was an appointment from
my physician’s office. I was not quite sure that I had had any before I left
Houston. Actually, there is a new activity from the clinic to hold a medical
fair to screen several tests for the patients. I call it a health preventive
service from both the insurer and the clinic. I have had a chronic disease
, diabetics, for 20 years and I welcome this aggressive approach of health
care.

Medical fair just likes a regular medical examination, after weight high
Measurement, follows blood pressure, then, I go to my first interview
with a pharmacist. She encourages me to switch my drugstore to the
clinic’s new established pharmacy. The second step is drawing some blood
, taking urine sample, and a pneumonia shot. A young physician comes in
for additional questions and checkup. She recommends me take baby
aspirin one tablet a day. They all have read the questions which I have
answered when I come in.

Final examination is eye examination. The eye doctor, Ophthalmology,
gives me a good recommendation for my left eye’s cataract removal.
I have my right eye cataract removed. Cataract is very common for aging
people.

Disease prevention is much better than treatment and this is why I like
the medical fair. All personal take part in this are from both outside and
inside of the clinic. The insurance group, health spring, sponsor the fair
and I believe eventually the activity will be benefit both the patients and
the insurance company, in my case is the medicare.





No comments: