Sunday, June 7, 2015

31 days trip to Europe/Carlos Pueblo

31 days trip to Europe/Carlos Pueblo

Just arriving home from a 31 days trip to Europe, I have touched
several cities in 6 Nations including 10 days in London, England;
6 days in Barcelona, Spain, 4 days in Malaga, Spain, 3 days in
Valencia, Spain, and 7 days cruise to the Mediterranean. Transportation
by airplane, train, and cruise, I have met so many travelers from the
world, male and female, young and old, got to know parts of the
Europe.

I took a direct United flight from Houston to London, then, 2 Portugal
flights from London to Barcelona, then, a Norwegian Epic to the
Mediterranean  3 nations 5 seaports, finally, 2 Lufthansa flights from
Barcelona to Houston. In London I used Tube subway to get around
And 2 days buses to reach the Oxford and Cambridge while 9 days train
in  Spain to get around 8 cites.

I arrange Hostel stay as my room and board. The hostel is a noble idea,
A non-profit organization to provide for the youths to stay, now also
extends the service to the adults with a budgetary concerns. Food costs
more in Europe, I practice two meals a day discipline one breakfast and
one late lunch. Only at the cruise, I could enjoy a normal room and board
more than 3 meals a day. I hear that the European love to drink wine and
beer, actually, to drink at a restaurant is still expansive. I did buy cheap
beer in order to get to use the toilet.

My medium size luggage can hold 7 day’s supply of changing cloths; therefore,
I need to watch for laundry and also carry some detergent. Most of the hostel
Provides coin operated wash machine and yet two hostels even provide a terrace
for naturally sun drying facility. I did not go to Rome, Italy, instead, I did a laundry
at the harbor city of Civitavecchia, Italy.

I was a month early to see rose blossom in London, this is a second misses in 4
Years, yet I did run into the blooming in Spain, Italy and France. Tulips were right
at the peak in this part of Europe. I witness the Alkebono flowering cherry bloom-
ing in London, Oxford, and Cambridge which were two weeks late that the Tidal
Basin in Washington D.C.

I observed more in details at the great British Museum this time and more completely
See the Royal guards exchange at Buckingham Palace. In Spain, I have enjoyed very
of the remains castles of the Moor Dynasty. I have taken near 2000 photos for my
memory.





No comments: