Friday, June 26, 2015

Barcelona’s Passeig de Garcia/ Carlos Pueblo

Barcelona’s Passeig de Garcia/ Carlos Pueblo
A Nigerian nurse kindly helped me to purchase a train ticket, boarded
The train, and watched me exit the train at the station of Passeig de
Garcia. It was still at daybreak; therefore, I could not check in to the
hostel; however, the clerk allowed me use the terrace on 7th floor for
the free WiFi and at 8 o’clock down to the 2nd floor for breakfast with
1.50 Euro purchase. That was how I met Connie for the cruise idea.

After breakfast, my luggage was not arrived, I walked toward the harbor
attempting to reach the cruise terminal. Passeig de Garcia has been busy
with lots of traffic. Most of my 6 days stay in Barcelona, I believe that I
have been taking a walk on this avenue most of the time. In the old day,
I read the history, it was a rural street to connect Barcelona and Garcia,
then, the area became prosperous, the street was enlarged to a 42 meters
(138 ft.) wide avenue from Paseo de Garcia, a taking a walk street, to
Passeig de Garcia, one of the most popular avenue in Barcelona. There are
big office buildings, shopping stores, cathedrals, restaurants etc. along both
sides of the avenue. Restaurants extend their tables to both sides of the
street and the business is extreme well. I had had dinner experience twice
with a minimum expense, 9 Euros a plate spaghetti, a glass of wine or beer
4 Euros each, plus 15% tip. This basic cost has already made me concerned.
This is why I cut down my three meals a day to two and make it up at the
cruise, 4 or 5 meals a day.

 I reached a large square with full of crowd, the Plaza de Catalunya. Catalunya
was belonged to one of an old kingdoms, for example Aragon which leaded to
expel the Moors. Catalan wants to be independent from Spain and it is a very
touching story. The square is very busy and you can see the city is well prepared
with armed police on foot and ride on horse.

Passeig de Garcia interrupted on the square, I kept on going towards the harbor
On a busy street called La Rambla, my Japanese dictionary translates Orgi Tori
Means still a big street. There is a large fresh market on La Rambla, Marcat de
la Boqueria, I don’t want to mention the Spanish Japanese says what that
Boquera means because it makes no sense at all, a store of an opening of release
water; however, the market is very attractive, fresh fruits, meat, fish, and some
dry goods etc. I bought two bags of fruits, one cherry and one tomato. One night
before I boarded the cruise, I had a dinner at one of the restaurant inside the
market. I ran into two Chinese girl students from Macao, near Hong Kong, who
were on vacation from Munich, Germany.




No comments: