Sunday, June 28, 2015

A man released himself as a pigeon/ Carlos Pueblo

A man released himself as a pigeon/ Carlos Pueblo

In modern Taiwanese idiom to release a pigeon means a man is late
for his appointment with a friend, or even forgets the original appoint-
ment. He makes the friend wait and the friend looks as a released pigeon.
What is released pigeon? In the old time Taiwan, we call her Formosa,
man grew pigeons as personal hobby. He would release his pigeons to
the sky for flying exercise twice a day, morning and before sun set. It
was because that the pigeon needed such exercise and learned to fly back
to the cage. There were contests for pigeons flying from the south end of
the island to Taipei almost several times in a year. Once, the pigeon was
released, it would fly 400 Km distance home. Some of them might not
make it during the itinerary.  We call this case for the pigeon as a released
pigeon. I ran into a man in Barcelona, Spain released himself as a pigeon
and I helped him back to his tourist group. His name is Der Song Chen of
Banchao, New Taipei City.

I was sitting on a step to Barcelona Cathedral listening to two street guitar
players  performance. I saw this sweet potato face man and I asked him in
Taiwanese. You didn’t catch up with your group? He was released when
saw me. I, therefore, congratulated  him for running into me. Instead of
waiting at the spot, because I saw his team 30 minutes before, we started
searching the museum which was not allow camera, food, and backpack etc.
when entered. We asked the security polices for direction, store owners,
and information, and three museums nearby without any luck. The group had
been long gone.

He did remember that they would go to a Four Cats Restaurant for dinner. We
found four cats yet the night’s reservation was not his group. Luckily, he found
a restaurant nearby where his group had lunch. The waiter remembered the
group and called the lady Spanish guide to inform her the pigeon was here.
He was instructed to wait in the restaurant for the guide to pick him up. He
Bought me a plate of spaghetti, under the menu del dia, and the waiter treated
Me two glasses of beer.

This is a happy ending and I have ever since brag about it for my good deed.
I must thank the waiter and the chef for their kindness and hospitality. I did
Write down the restaurant’s name:
Melic del Gotic Restaurante
It is just three or four stores next to the Four Cats Restaurante, which I am
informed as a famous restaurant in Taiwan tourist industry for its life show.



No comments: