Tuesday, June 23, 2015

The traveler/ Carlos Pueblo

The traveler/ Carlos Pueblo
The traveler always runs into the traveler, especially at a hostel and the
cruise. I run into several travelers and new acquaintance during this 10
days trip in London, England. I should describe some of my experience
before I close this chapter. I stay at a hostel at Bayswater and there
are more than 100 customers in and out every day. The hostel provides
a very simple breakfast every morning; therefore, you can meet travelers.
Most of these travelers are young students and some older travelers a
Little bit younger than me.  Some of them are solo travelers, some of them
are groups from their hometown, some of them are classroom tours. I
mentioned that I met an exchange student from Taipei in Plaque, Czech
Republic, two Taiwanese ladies from Tainan, three Chinese ladies from
Singapore, two Japanese, and a southern Indian lady at Kensington
Park.

This southern Indian lady was similar with one I ran into at West Houston
Hersey Park where I took a walk 18 years ago. Both were from south India
spoken English fluently yet no former school education. The former worked
at a hotel in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Her Houstonian family friends brought
her to Houston for a visit. My surprise is her English. This Indian lady at
Kensington Park, Rose Marie, speaks good English as well and both told me
that they did not receive any former school education. She is a nanny for
a small baby girl. The baby was very corporate sleeping all the time. She used
to work in Hong Kong and her employer brought her to London eventually.
She likes Hong Kong and the people. Her husband is a chef also from her home
town in India. His chef job is not quite stable and less than her nanny’s income.
They have had a 22 years old daughter who gives them hard time all the time.
She has to ask a guru type of consultant in India for help on her life.

I scarcely with the patience to listen to her description and started my thought
Of materialism, of course, she understood well. She mentioned that in her
Childhood, she used to have two meals a day and her father could not afford
the dinner would ask the children to go to sleep before sunset. She asks her
daughter to seek governmental  help to find a job, yet her daughter was very
unreasonable. I say that is a problem of home economics. I know that may not
be all yet covers 80% of a family problem. My mother told me so. I say that our
kid, especially one child family, is the only one that we must help all the time.
It is not their choice to be our children, it’s God’s will. We must show our support
to this kind of child that we are on his or her side to face the changing world.
I believe that a meaningful life means in Buddhism. We must live in a meaningful
life every day. She understands saving and I believe that time can resolve her
anxiety. The baby was awoke and we said farewell. I went on to Kensington
Palace according to her recommendation, it’s really a pretty place indeed.

I was conversing to a traveler from Tokyo, Haruhiko Yamada san, about
Japanese Enka. Another Japanese girl student thought that I was a Japanese
which made me very happy. Yamada san travels to Europe every year collecting
classical watches. He works for a government job and lives at Meguro River
area where I have been once to the annual cherry blossom festival. I proudly
mentioned that I had been to various places in Japan by train.

There was also a Japanese girl from Nagano. After she graduated from college,
she had been wondering in Europe as a waitress in Japanese restaurants. She
told me that was a hard life. She wishes that one day she can live in the United
States. I sent her an e-mail according to her hand written note. The e-mail
returned for undeliverable. I wish her well on her travel.
  



No comments: