Monday, April 16, 2018

Wine party at Hyatt Regency Osaka/Carlos Pueblo


Wine party at Hyatt Regency Osaka/Carlos Pueblo

The hotel invited us for a monthly wine party on the last day of our stay and I
knew that we could skip our dinner. It was held on the top of building with a
view of the night city on two sides. We were greeted by the general manager
with a middle name Von, which mean from or de in Spanish instead of my
original understanding of a German nobility ancestor. He is a German speaking
Swiss and has been in Osaka for 3 years. I asked him the reason why the hotel
was here. He said that was a re-claim property from the bubble economy in
the 80’s. It’s full now even IBM has a high raise office here.

Small plates of food were presented and there were managers and waiters
came around to keep conversation with guests and serve wine. I felt very happy
to enjoy this high end of my life. Most of the guests were young and I guessed
that they were in business trip. Our neighbor seat guests were from Hong Kong.

I did feel very sorry for myself for that I wear too casual for the party. I do have
many of my suits of the old day when I was in business; however, I keep my
luggage to the minimum size for all travel. There is no way that I can match my
appear with such a wonderful hotel like this one.

No comments: