Sunday, April 15, 2018

Re-visiting Hiroshima 2018/Carlos Pueblo


Re-visiting Hiroshima 2018/Carlos Pueblo

Hiroshima was one city that Amy mentioned to visit and I panned the visit due
to the reason of nearby Osaka. We took the train and ran into a group of
Taiwanese visitors mostly ladies of 29 visiting Okayama. It was very nice to hear
our native tongue in Japan. We had a very enjoyable conversation to exchange
travelling experience. This lady from Tainan, not far from my hometown, is an
experience traveler, Europe, Polar light in Canada, and South America, etc. I
admitted that I missed it while we approached Reykjavik, Iceland on a cruise
across the North Atalantic. I indicated the adventure of Japanese Peach Boy,
Momotaro San Japanese nursery rhyme and legend, was really from Okayama
where I visited in 2016. There is a beautiful rebuilt black castle and garden in
that lovely city. I took a train across the inland sea to Takamatsu attempted to
visit Marukami, the original noodle restaurant’s hometown in Shikoku. It was
heavy raining when we arrived Hiroshima, yet we stilled accomplished to visit
two scenery points of the city, the World Memorial Pease Park and the famous
rebuilt Hiroshima Castle.

Thanks to JR Pass to arrange a shuttle service to the Peace Park to avoid rain. We
saw the remaining of the dome building of the original agricultural office of the
prefecture after the explosion. Now, it is a beautiful park full of flowering trees,
camellia, plum, and cherry, etc. on an island between a split Honkawa river and
beyond. My last visit was in the fall and I ran into maple color change foliage and
this time was spring blossom. I took many photos of camellia and reminded me
a hit song by Kobayashi Sachiko Yukitsubaki, snowing camellia. There are two
small plant at our front door which are much smaller than most of Japanese. The
colors of those tree flowers can be red, white, yellow, and mixed split and amazing.

We took the shuttle back to the train station and took another one to the Castle.
While we were waiting, we ran into a sudden gathering of a local high school
baseball team to take off for a playoff for the national championship. The original
Castle was total destroyed during the atomic bombing and the city re-built it and
turned to a museum. There were many visitors even in a raining day like this. I
had had a hard time to find the Nijijo, a rebuilt sub-castle on site previous for
the administration of the Local Lord and now a small no fee museum. I visited this
place on my last visit and developed a very interesting learning of Japanese history.
A well learned staff, a senior gentleman, discussed the local lord to me in Kanji note.
He pointed it out that the huge Taiwanese False Cypress pillars in the front gate were
from Taiwan. The front court yard were full of cherry blossom and boats service
touring around the castle was available.




No comments: