Saturday, April 21, 2018

Visiting our daughter in Austin/Carlos Pueblo


Visiting our daughter in Austin/Carlos Pueblo
We visit our daughter every month to help her doing her house chore such as
lawn mowing and house cleaning. Last month, we were in Japan and missed
the routine and she was expecting. We appreciate her kindness to book hotels
in Osaka and Hakodate for total of a week and never mind our pity effort and
furthermore, we like to visit her anyway. Spring is still around and we see wild
flowers along the highway, Indian pen brush, the mustard green flower, and
some residual blue bonnet,  etc. In addition to our chore, we also wet to check
on new cars with her company’s discount program and picking peaches on the
backyard.

I am very good at lawn mowing nowadays after 5 years back to manage my own
Yard. She set up the machine at 1 inch to save some time to deal with the lawn
yet it is hard after plenty rain this year and the miss of monthly mowing. The
lawn looks like a green carpet after two day effort with a help of an ring edger
to wipe out all kinds of weed. Rose garden is fully blooming and we plan some
more, three flowering trees, and several name unknown flower plants.

This is the first year that she decides to take back the rental property for her own
Residency. I get the opportunity to observe the peach blossom and enjoy to pick
them this time. Amy informs me that my persimmon pick them host, Mr. and Mrs.
Wu, moves to California nursing home in order to be closed to their daughter. I
lost my tree climbing opportunity and get another one. I take some peached home
and do some preparing for these almost ripe fruits. I spread both salt and dry plum
powder on the surface and let the peaches soaked briefly and eat them.

It is time for me to retire our 20 years old vehicle Q45. I need to buy a new car to
in order to meet the need, Amy drives the new one and Arthur drives her car to
work. She set an appointment for us to visit a dealership and test driving two
vehicles. After the quotes came out, I changed my mind due to un-necessary for
me to spend such kind of money for the time being. I have been without a vehicle
for two years and I’ll take more bus if I am needed.  

No comments: