Thursday, April 12, 2018

Visiting Osaka 2018/Carlos Pueblo


Visiting Osaka 2018/Carlos Pueblo

After 3 nights in Tokyo, we started our journey westward to Osaka for the second
leg of Japan. I have been very fond of this high speed rail called Shinkansen,
comfortable and enjoyable about 2 ½ hours ride. I didn’t make any reservation
a day before to get rid of the timely stressful situation. Shinkansen is very rapid and
almost one car in every 15 minutes from Tokyo to Shin-Osaka Station. If I don’t get
the reservation right on the spot before I go, I can always wait for the next one or
try the non-reservation line for the first 3  carriages. Upon arriving Shin-Osaka
Station, we would change to a Japan Rail trains to the old Osaka Station to get a
shuttle bus to the hotel. During this 4 nights stay, I planned to take Amy to visit
Himeji Castle, Hiroshima Castle and the Pease Park, and Kitashinchi and Osaka
Castle Park.

Both train stations in Osaka are very lively and prosperous business. Japanese make
good use of their railroad systems which I don’t see very much in the U.S. The other
variety of business are also derived. Salarymen are in suit, ladies are high heel and
stylish overcoats only seen in London and Manhattan subways, students are in
uniforms, and some elder ladies are in kimono. They are moving quietly through the
traffic of station crowd in and out. There are even rooms for our luggage while we
try to have a shushi lunch at restaurants even with a box under your chef front table
for your bags, hat, and scarf, etc. It is quick and efficient. I met two young ladies and
a gentleman at an international information stand to help passengers who are from
Taipei, Tsindao, and Hong Kong accordingly. Japan has begun to employ foreigners
to fill some jobs in their market like the U.S. and its unemployment rate is 2.5%.

I like to describe the hotel which we stay, Hyatt Regency. First, we need to thank our
daughter Michelle for her kindly treatment. The hotel is outside of the station near
the container port of Osaka about 30 minutes shuttle ride. It is out of nowhere, the
general manager indicates to me, and is a re-claim land of the 80’s bubble burst.
Now, it is all built up new business center. I see that IBM is there as well. The hotel
provides a very nice breakfast, both oriental and occidental menu which I am very
impressed. I can maintain my two meal routine by fill up in the morning and get a
late shushi lunch at Osaka station and waiting for the breakfast next morning.

You are going to see our visits to Himeji, Hiroshima, and Osaka Castle Park very
soon.

No comments: