Thursday, February 10, 2022

The up and down stock market/Carlos Pueblo

 The up and down stock market/Carlos Pueblo

There is always an up and a down of stock market which would determine my daily mood that I can't say I don't care. There is no New Year Rally this year that means something for 2022. In February, the market is up a little bit and my investment is still down about 10% of the end of 2021. The bright side is that my oil stock is up and a car stock is steady. 

It is due to the inflation, i.e. I am paying $3 a gallon for gas now in Houston that I don't mind as well. If I sell all my oil stock holding, I would break even or make some bank interest return. I am paying back some gain of my high tech mutual funds saving now. As a matter of a fact that I can't do anything about it because It is my retirement saving that I can't take it all out in order to have my tax management.

I do own something, like a house to live on and a car to drive to and back, and funds to pay things are necessary. I am in the middle class of America. In order to be in the middle class, I must work to earn a income, I must be frugal to save what I earn, and I must invest in the stock market which can help me to earn some when I can't work to have an earn income.

Of course, I must be healthy and that is why I play tennis every day to have my daily exercises. Once I have done my morning exercise, I can eat well, sleep well, and have my rest of day filled.

I don't have any doubt that invest in the stock market is better than a bank deposit of certificate. I quit my bank loan this year because that I don't like to pay 3% fee while the bank gives me nothing for my saving account and almost zero for my deposit of certificate. 

No comments: