Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Shoes to be worn/Carlos Pueblo

 Shoes to be worn/Carlos Pueblo

Shoes to be worn is like houses to be lived are both very important of our life also symbolize our financial independence. I don't mind to admit that I am from a very humble family background. We lived at a company's frame duplex and most of my life before 1973, I was lack of shoes to be worn. Now in 2022, I can have more than a house to live and many shoes to be worn. My tennis buddy Wes who is from China has a frugal habit like me. He showed me a pair of white leather tennis shoes the other day costed him about $20 plus. He also purchased from the Katy Mill outlet stores which I wondered how I missed it. All what I can find are in the $40's a pairs.

A week later, he showed me he wear and tear of the bottom of his new shoes. I still admired the pretty white smooth leather. He says those are fake leather material which I have no idea. I tell Amy about his new shoes story and also show her an used pairs of mine now served as shoes for lawn mowing purposes. Mine are rough leather side while Wes's are smooth side. Amy is very sure that those leather materials are also fake because that I only purchase the cheap shoes to play tennis.

My mother always complained that I was very rough to wear everything. She said that my older brother Yancy was better than me for wearing everything before passing to me. I had been very depressed until after some half of a century. My eldest sister apologized it to me for my late mother due to the wear and tear part was not obvious when Yancy passing them to me because he couldn't wear them any longer. She comforted me for the reason that we all become parents and we know better.

That is why I pay very much attention to earn money to meet a new family's needs in almost everything. I provide a house, shoes, cloths, and vehicles, etc. for all my family members. This way which I feel that I have broken my poverty background by my immigration to this great nation successfully.

Dress shoes are also caught my attention. I love to gather leather shoes to satisfied my ego of the past. I still keep my old wool suits for more than 25 years. I wear them when I go to the cruise with pretty dress leather shoes. I polish them well before I go and keep them clean. I also have several brand new leather shoes in stock at my car garage. I also keep a pair of short boots which one day I like to find a store to get the bottom repaired.

No comments: