Thursday, February 24, 2022

The inspiration of my childhood/Carlos Pueblo

 The inspiration of my childhood/Carlos Pueblo

Coming to the United States, leaving Taiwan, has been the inspiration of my childhood ever since my watching Hollywood movies in Taiwan. Like most of foreigners in the world, we all admire the life style of America, the freedom and opportunity of the American society. I left Taiwan in 1975 and before that the majority of my life in Taiwan was mainly to prepare to reach such goal. I had to be qualified for certain preparation such as finish all schools education, passing all examinations, got an I-20 visa with financial support such as a teaching assistant, and finally managing a passing grade at the graduate study, etc. 

After graduation from my graduate study with a degree, I joined to a work force and got married. I lost my jobs and got another, then until my reach of the age of 65 to be under the Medicare coverage. I feel satisfied and safe of my life and under that original inspiration of my childhood.

I believe that I have taken advantage of such opportunity to have such inspiration started in Taiwan and completed in the United States. It is a meaningful life indeed. The other night, I was wondering if I missed some fun of my youth before my marriage because that I was in a very strict and boring environment. I only remember of my stressful school s life, entrance examinations, the military draft after the college, etc. At those time, I was not that successful in my romantic opportunities because that I was no body and with only inspiration or dream to go abroad. No girls would pay attention to my inspiration because they couldn't stop me or come along with me.

I have been very fortunate to have an inspiration at my childhood; therefore, I have had a goal most of my life time even now. I like to have a healthy body and live as long as I can because that my family like me to stay around to be some kind of beneficial to them and that is what they claim. As a matter of the fact, the society and governments included like me to stay alive longer in order to pay more taxes and this is what I call a meaningful life.

No comments: