Sunday, February 13, 2022

Salvage my watch/Carlos Pueblo

 Salvage my watch/Carlos Pueblo

The wrist watch which I currently use is dead and broken. I bought it after I have had my first Corona Virus vaccine shot, the drug store sent a promotion e-mail to offer a wrist watch as a gift yet I only required to pay $5 for the shipping. I bought two, one for Arthur that he put it in a drawer down stair. I wear it all the time from the morning tennis till my shower time. The watch is a stainless without a name brand and product mark and origin. First, a fake leather band was broken after a while and came off. I put it in my pocket and in the winter in my beat up leather jacket. It is a solar cell and very soon the battery is dead. I decide that I like to salvage the watch; therefore, I put it on my desk and open the mini brand to let the sunshine comes in. Later, I took it out on the back yard and bake it under the bright sun shine on a gas grill along with an old Timex watch. I see both watches are back on moving the second. It is working and I am so happy.

It is getting better and better and very soon I can re-adjust the correct time on both watches especially with enough charged I can even re-adjust the Timex. The Timex is one of the gift from Michelle's employer. She moved back to home and commute then and stored her stuff in our car garage. She never remember and never use them. Instead of the dusted goods, I use them. The Timex was one of them that I used it during my foreign trips. I don't know how to adjust the time yet I figured it out with different time zones and it worked well. Now, I have had two salvaged watches ready to be for me to use, of course, I still have an i-phone and a clock inside my old Q45 panel.

There is still an old Pulsar battery wrist watch on my desk. A repair man has been retired for many years at the Dynasty Market and I have been unable to replace the cell. Once I have a new one to get by and I always set the old one aside. I may carry it out to some foreign country to get the battery replaced because there is no store available in the current day U.S..

The wrist watch was a luxury item when I was a kid in Taiwan. My Dad gave me an used one when I was at the senior high school. I still remember a miss spelling of the Jewelry at my college entrance examination in a result I lost two point in English and missed the permission to get the admission for a famous university. I have regretted so much that I should check with that old watch because there was a Jewel character on the face of every watch back to that time.

I did mention another story of that first old watch on my piece in Chinese language. I used that wrist watch until I was drafted in 1971. One army colleague took that watch back home for cleaning. His parent owned a watch repair shop. I helped him to write love letters to his girl friend. It was a sad story that he lost his life in an army incident when we all stationed in the frontier. He attempted to catch a nervous soldier to get a special permission to go back to Taiwan to see that lover and lost his life by that nervous soldier's discharge of his rifle.

No comments: