Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Visiting a neighbor’s house/Carlos Pueblo


Visiting a neighbor’s house/Carlos Pueblo

On our way to return from our morning walk, we were invited to visit a neighbor’s
house which impressed me very much. I admit that is my fault to forget her name
due to old age. She was sitting on a brick low wall smoking and asked me how I felt
of her fountain, a pretty gray blue color one with running water. I admitted my
ignorance of not notice for all the time till recently. She forgot me because that she
just installed it lately. I made another mistake again for commenting about her
beautiful front yard and the effort of her previous owner to maintain such a pretty
rose garden. Wrong again, she says that she has been the original owner with
$86,000 purchase in 1978 yet she forgives me. She invited us to tour her backyard
and then the gorgeous interior of her house.

Her front yard are full of gardening decoration such as a metal globe standing,
several colorful fairy, and different kinds of flowers with a base of St. Augustine
grass evergreen. I tells her that her house is one of the best and advanced in
design and maintain. There is a court yard extension with a nice and permanent
covers, fans, two seats and two swing seats. It is about 15 degree cooler than
the outside open yard during the summer. At the back potion of the yard, there
is a well build gazebo with full gas grill facility and built in table and seats. In
between the two back yard relaxing area, there is an elevated ground of green
with an unique design of 2X4 board on top of it with grass separated. I assume
that is for the purpose of avoiding muddy yard after raining to hinder outdoor
activity. The gardening design even extends to the back of the attached garage.

She was so happy to show us her garden and then invited us inside to tour her
gorgeous interior. It is a 2,300 square foot home with 2-2 beds up and down
stair. We are very impressed of her furniture and set up. I asked her if her
husband and herself were at higher income category. She replied that her late
husband died of cancer due to the infection of Agent Orange in Viet Nam. She
started her working for two jobs in order to help her #4 daughter to finish
college education and finish taking care of aging parents. I used to be a property
insurance agent with very much experience to viewing the single dwelling inside
of Houston area homes. This is one of the best and especially from a typical
American lady with an unique artist taste. She said that she learned from plenty
of leisure reading and handy hands.

I saw her three pet dogs, two inside her bed rooms and one at a corner of the garage
with air conditioning room. There is an classical 1982 Mercedes-Benz 300D next to
the dog’s room. She knows that we are morning walkers because I respond to those
two honeys on the windows every time they bark at me for good morning.

No comments: